Better Energy - Drivers of a renewable energy revolution
Leading energy company seeking Financial Controller
We are seeking a skilled Financial Controller to join a dynamic, rapidly expanding team and a workplace where you can truly make a difference. Better Energy is a leading, independent solar energy company which develops, finances, builds and operates solar PV systems and sells green energy.
The bigger picture
Having the right skills is only part of being an ideal candidate. We look for cultural fit, colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes Better Energy a dynamic, fun, inspiring place to work. We look for individuals who share our entrepreneurial spirit, drive and commitment. Candidates must be ready to make an impact that matters.
You will play a key role in developing the international accounting and reporting systems in one of the fastest growing solar energy companies in Europe. You will become part of a professionally strong team and contribute to the daily tasks. The finance department is currently implementing new financial systems, including data warehouse and financial management models. You will work in collaboration with your colleagues both in the finance team and across a complex, matrixed organization.
- Responsible for external and internal consolidation and reporting (currently 63 companies, but rising steadily)
- Challenge internal stakeholders to improve quality and efficiency of the financial control environment, both for reporting, planning and decision making
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting processes
- Provide expertise and dedicated focus on accounting process consistency within all areas to ensure accurate and reliable financial reporting
- Continue development of Microsoft Dynamics NAV, including implementation of inventory and project management
- Manage key finance development and implementation projects, incl. the implementation of HFM
- Ensure compliance of financial statements and internal controls with Danish GAAP, and assist in the implementation of IFRS
- Assist in preparation of documentation for transfer pricing
- Master’s degree in finance/accounting (a Danish Cand.merc.aud or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Financial Controller or similar position, preferably within an international organization
- Super user of Excel, general IT skills
- Proficiency in written and verbal English communication
- Strong project management and organizational skills, ability to prioritise, multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
You are a team player who is outgoing, positive, quality conscious, and you work structured and organized with a strong attention to detail.
We offer great career opportunities for the right candidate. We invest in our employees and support them in their development. Employee perks and benefits include an attractive electronics package, health insurance and lunch scheme.
If the above has caught your interest, please send your application and resume to email@example.com by 31 December 2018. Use the subject line: "Application - Financial Controller”. We will be conducting interviews continuously, and start-up will be as soon as possible.
About Better Energy
Better Energy develops, finances, constructs and operates utility-scale solar energy systems producing millions of MWh of green energy to the public grid. In addition, Better Energy provides solutions for large corporations and utilities looking to source green power. Since 2012, Better Energy has been one of the fastest growing solar energy companies in Europe. We want to improve the lives of people and the environment with power that is clean, reliable, safe and sustainable. Our vision is to be engineers of a sustainable future. Our goal is to power up the world with unlimited and affordable green energy.
Read more here: www.betterenergy.com