Business Developer for Research and Development
We are looking for a dedicated Business Developer to join our Research and Development team at Better Energy’s Copenhagen or Sønderborg office. You will develop and explore sector coupling and PtX possibilities from a commercial and business model-oriented approach, and build bridges between stakeholders within sales, purchase and partners. It is a great opportunity to work strategically with business development in a high-growth company that works every day to make an impact that matters.
The Research & Development team plays an important role in developing Better Energy’s new and future business areas. We develop business cases that add further value to the renewable power coming from our solar parks. We work together with potential customers and senior management in Better Energy. Our work covers energy storage, PtX and utilisation of sector coupling. Essentially, we are laying the cornerstones for expanding our business in the future.
You will join the dedicated employees in the Research and Development department and report to CTO, Mikkel Dau Jacobsen. This team is of the turning point for development of new business areas within Better Energy. Implementation will take place in the markets where we are active such as: Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Poland. As a team, we pride ourselves in our work and in making an impact that matters, but we also love to laugh together and we make the best of any situation. We celebrate victories and do not dwell on tough times.
As the Business Developer in Research and Development, you will be responsible for enabling Better Energy’s PtX and sector coupling strategy. Your responsibility will involve working with the commercial, regulatory and strategic perspectives.
To that extent, a lot of your tasks will revolve around ensuring the commercial opportunity, developing and securing partnership and customer agreements, as well as ensuring the regulatory integration.
Some of your daily tasks will include:
- Analysing and verifying market opportunities for renewable energy carriers such as hydrogen, methane, methanol, ammonia and other e-fuels
- Performing early-stage risk assessment
- Providing analysis support to the R&D team on general development opportunities. Reports should be based on stakeholder interviews and data gathered from the market
- Developing early project plans based on research work and realistic customer requests
- Being the Project Leader for R&D projects, utilizing all relevant resources within BE
When joining Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You share our drive and commitment, and you are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds. Like us, you are passionate about your work and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues.
To be successful in this position, you must possess the potential to be a major driver behind a new business area for Better Energy. You effectively manage communication with several internal and external stakeholders, and you are ideally an engineer who has a commercial approach to your work. We would also love for you to have a natural technological flair, so you quickly pick up on new technologies.
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience from business development activities - from creation to scaling up
- Experience from early-stage business actions and/or high-growth company
- Educational background: MSc/BSc in Business Development, Entrepreneurship or Energy Systems, with an interest in thermodynamics
- Analytical abilities, to identify and model business opportunities based on a combination of technological solutions within the energy sector
- Excellent presentation skills and high level of proficiency with PowerPoint
- Recognition of the need for more biodiversity, as well as a flair for anything related to the green transition
Our new colleague should also:
- Be open-minded. To recognise new opportunities, as well as to consider synergies and advantages in relation to Better Energy’s business model
- Be curious by nature. Enjoy investigating new ideas, how things work and interact, etc. All to find new ways of creating business, whilst taking risk into account
- Have urgency and persistence perfectly in balance with patience. When working with legislation, approvals and existing fossil paradigms, these qualities are essential
- Be focused and interested in other people’s ideas and positions
- Be service minded. Making sure your data and analysis is presented in an understandable way for implementers and decision makers alike
- Have excellent communication skills. Danish and English is a must, both written and verbal. German will be an advantage
If only some of the abovementioned applies to you, but you still think you would be a great fit for us, then please do not hesitate to send us an application. Tell us why you are the right person for this role and show us your drive.
What will you enjoy?
Well, aside from a nice lunch buffet, health insurance and an IT scheme, you will experience a workplace with laughter and social gatherings – we currently have a summer party coming up, which is usually hugely successful and great fun.
Additionally, you will have an incredibly exciting job where you will be an integral part of building our future business model. When you join Better Energy, you become part of a business that is driving the green energy transition in Denmark as well as internationally, and we want you to be a big part of building on that positive impact.
How we recruit
We know that our people make the difference. Having the right skillset is only part of the picture - we look for cultural fit, too. This means that we are very thorough when we look for the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to make a difference, send us your CV and application through the link below.
We plan to conduct interviews in week 28-29 and have our new colleague join Better Energy from September 1st. However, since finding the right candidate means so much to us, recruitment will be an ongoing process. We will be reviewing applicants continuously and close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact CTO Mikkel Dau Jacobsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +45 30 69 93 90.