Business Development Assistant for Research and Development
We are looking for a dedicated assistant profile to join our Research and Development team at Better Energy’s Sønderborg office. You will be part of a team that is creating the future within the green energy transition. It is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team that works strategically with business development in a field full of potential. You will assist and learn from some of the best, in a high-growth company that works every day to make an impact that matters.
The Research & Development team plays an important role in developing Better Energy’s new and future business areas. We develop business cases that add further value to the renewable power coming from our solar parks. We work together with potential customers and senior management in Better Energy. Our work covers energy storage, PtX and utilisation of sector coupling. Essentially, we are laying the cornerstones for expanding our business in the future.
You will join the dedicated employees in the Research and Development department and report to CTO, Mikkel Dau Jacobsen. This team is the turning point for development of new business areas within Better Energy. Implementation will take place in the markets where we are active such as: Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Poland. As a team, we pride ourselves in our work and in making an impact that matters, but we also love to laugh together and we make the best of any situation. We celebrate victories and do not dwell on tough times.
Your role as Business Development Assistant for the Research and Development team is varied and exciting. You will be an important link in our department and ensure that all practicalities are in place. Your responsibilities will involve handling all sorts of communication with internal as well as external stakeholders, in support of our commercial, regulatory and strategic efforts.
Some of your tasks will include:
- Following up on dialogue with our stakeholders and ensuring a stable flow of information on both sides
- Handling public funding, developing and managing PowerPoint presentations
- Initiating and planning meetings and conversations with customers, partners and relevant internal departments
- Being the daily manager and support for student assistants who work for our department
- Perform market investigations and use BI tools to create and maintain an overview of the market, competitors and trends. Visiting partners and exhibitions abroad is also a part of the job.
- Writing project descriptions and alike documentation based on inputs from your team and your own investigations.
When joining Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You share our drive and commitment, and you are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds. Like us, you are passionate about your work and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues.
To be successful in this role, you must be curious about the green energy transition and be willing to learn more. Your curiosity makes you eager to listen and take notes, but you are not necessarily bursting to be the person with the next best idea - yet. We are looking for a supportive and structured person, who has a great interest in business development, particularly within renewable energy, to support our team and share learnings.
The ideal candidate has:
- A background in business development and engineering, or something similar
- Experience within the energy sector is a plus
- Excellent communication skills. Danish and English is a must, both written and verbal. German will be an advantage
- Really great PowerPoint skills and an enthusiasm to create great presentations of our new business models and cases
Our new colleague must also:
- Be service-minded and structured in the approach to daily tasks
- Be great at keeping focus on the task at hand. We will rely on you to make sure that our business development keeps traction
- Be prepared to deal with a lot of different departments, companies and people. It is important that you are outgoing
If only some of the abovementioned applies to you, but you still think you would be a great fit for us, then please do not hesitate to send us an application. Tell us why you are the right person for this role and show us your drive.
What will you enjoy?
Well, aside from a nice lunch buffet, health insurance and an IT scheme, you will experience a workplace with laughter and social gatherings – we currently have a summer party coming up, which is usually hugely successful and great fun.
Additionally, you will have an incredibly exciting job where you will be an important part of the team that builds the future business model for Better Energy. When you join Better Energy, you become part of a business that is driving the green energy transition in Denmark as well as internationally. You will experience the satisfaction and pride of working to make an impact that matters, while having fun with your work.
How we recruit
We know that our people make the difference. Having the right skillset is only part of the picture - we look for cultural fit, too. This means that we are very thorough when we look for the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to make a difference, send us your CV and application through the link below.
We plan to conduct interviews in week 28-29 and have our new colleague join Better Energy from September 1st. However, since finding the right candidate means so much to us, recruitment will be an ongoing process. We will be reviewing applicants continuously and close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact CTO Mikkel Dau Jacobsen at email@example.com or by phone at +45 30 69 93 90.