Compliance & GDPR Professional
Do you want to make a difference and help us shape a sustainable future and drive the green energy transition in Denmark and internationally? Then you may be the person we are seeking. We work every day to make an impact that matters, and if you have the same passion for green energy, we invite you to join us on this green energy transition journey.
We are seeking an ambitious colleague with skills within compliance and GDPR. You have a Master of Laws degree and have good interpersonal skills and hands-on legal experience.
The legal team and who we seek
You will join a strong professional Legal team, and you will be based in Copenhagen.
The Legal team in Better Energy consists of 20 dedicated individuals with different areas of expertise within real estate, contracts, financing, M&A and corporate, regulatory & compliance and employment law.
The team supports the business across the entire integrated value chain from the initial phase of securing rights to land, obtaining rights, construction, procurement, financing, to the operational phase of our projects and across all countries that we are working in and in new potential markets. We put our hearts and souls into the things we do, and we are proud of the impact we have and bring to the green transition. We take a serious and dedicated approach to the work we do, but at the same time we have an informal tone, we love to laugh, we share experience and thoughts, and we pull together while chasing deadlines and deliveries in order to achieve the goals of Better Energy.
Working in Better Energy’s Legal department you will work together with leading lawyers and legal professionals in the business, share experience and knowledge as you would in larger law firms, but simultaneously be included in the essential commercial/legal interconnection and decision makings you would not otherwise be exposed to.
In order to add value to our Legal department, you are able to work independently and deliver within tight deadlines. You bring the ability and willingness to adapt to any changes of task priorities in your everyday work life, and you are positive, innovative and solution-oriented in your approach to any assignment. You want to establish positive and productive relations with your colleagues and external partners. We have a dynamic work culture with short decision-making processes, so you will have the opportunity to influence and develop your own tasks and responsibilities.
You can help us make an impact by:
- Assisting, guide and being responsible for developing and running the compliance and GDPR function in Better Energy.
- Assisting Better Energy regarding ESG, Future Fit and other related matters.
- Working together with our Project Management Office regarding the interaction between risk & compliance.
- Negotiating, drafting and commenting on compliance and GDPR matters in contracts etc.
- Acting as advisor to all compliance and GDPR matters in the Better Energy group including advise to the management and board.
- Stay up to date of legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Legal review of e.g. due diligence reports regarding compliance and GDPR.
- Stakeholder management and contact with (legal) advisers, consultants, and relevant authorities in Denmark and abroad.
You have a Master of Laws degree and relevant experience in a compliance function and/or GDPR function. You also have the following:
- Hands-on experience with compliance and GDPR matters and documents and the ability to take commercial considerations into account.
- Experience from the energy or financial sector or similar.
- Experience with writing procedures and policies.
- Experience with regulation regarding the energy sector and power purchase agreement and the framework regulating such is an advantage.
- Experience with REMIT, EMIR and the EU taxonomy is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and keeping track of numerous deadlines at the same time.
- Ability to convert and communicate legal matters into solutions workable for all parties.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues from many different educational backgrounds
- Independent and proactive and known for your positive energy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Danish and English
What you will enjoy
We are placed in a modern office with amenities like fitness, lounge area, good lunch scheme etc., and we have a private health insurance as well as an IT scheme. But you will also enjoy:
- A fun, interesting and varied job - ask anyone at Better Energy and they will say you have good opportunities for professional development as well.
- Kind and talented colleagues who love to laugh together in our daily work and at our social events.
- You will be able to finish your assistant attorney education and take your bar exam with Better Energy, if needed.
- You may keep your authorization as Lawyer with Better Energy and you will attend the necessary numbers of courses needed to maintain your authorization.
- A job with many different tasks within your field.
- An opportunity to join a growing business that is actually driving the green transition in Denmark and internationally.
How we recruit
We know that it is our people who make the difference. Having the right skills is only part of the picture. We look for cultural fit. This means that we are very thorough when we try to find the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to truly make a difference, send us your CV and your application through the link below.
Since finding the right candidate means so much to us, our recruitment process is an ongoing process. We will close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, you are more than welcome to contact Legal Counsel, Ane-Katrine Zink Sørensen by phone +45 31 38 72 17 or Chief Legal Officer, Ho Kei Au, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +45 40 51 78 98.