We are looking for a responsible, independent and engaged Construction Manager, to focus on ensuring high quality in the construction of our large-scale solar parks. As part of the Construction team at Better Energy’s Sønderborg office, you will have many varied areas of responsibility. We currently have a pipeline of more than 6GW of solar parks to be constructed, so our department has plenty of work to do and we are looking for a dedicated candidate to join us in the daily work to make an impact that matters.
You will join the Construction team and report to Senior Construction Manager, Allan Hønholt Jensen. The team is currently made up of 5 dedicated employees and we are a part of the larger Engineering, Design and Construction department at Better Energy.
We share the responsibility of constructing our solar parks and our unit handles everything from the engineering aspects to the practicalities and planning aspects of constructing the parks. Better Energy’s large-scale solar parks become a reality in our department, so we take great pride and care in our work.
A strong professional foundation flows through the entire company and we all work every day to make an impact that matters, but our team also loves to laugh together and make the best of tough times. We celebrate our victories and each other, but do not dwell on tough times.
As our Construction Manager, you will mainly be responsible for the project management of the construction of our large-scale solar parks. You will play an active role in the entire construction process and have touch points throughout the different phases of building our parks. Your days will be very varied, so it is important that you thrive with changing days and tasks, like the rest of the team.
A lot of your daily tasks will revolve around the managing of our contractors and subcontractors and making sure that our construction processes are progressing according to plan.
Some of you daily tasks will include:
- Management of our construction projects
- Coordination with the entire EPC-team
- Follow-up on the progress on various construction sites
- Quality management and control of the work done by our subcontractors
- Dialogue and management of our subcontractors
- Follow-up and receipt checking deliveries of construction material
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports on our projects, in collaboration with our project managers
- Following up on daily reports from our subcontractors
- Various ad hoc tasks within our department
Your main office and desk will be at Better Energy’s Sønderborg office, but you should expect a good amount travelling to our sites, to keep up with the construction progress.
When joining Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You share our drive and commitment, and you are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds. Like us, you are passionate about your work and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues.
To be successful in this position, you are independent whilst thriving with working as part of a larger team and contributing to our common goals. You are not afraid to throw yourself into new areas of responsibility and you easily adapt to any challenge that comes your way. Our team has direct lines of communication and takes any input onboard, so being a confident communicator who contributes with an innovative mindset is also key.
The ideal candidate has experience from the building and construction industry, and possesses an amazing drive and attention to detail. Whether or not you fit our idea for the right candidate perfectly is not the most important thing to us - as long as you have the drive and willingness to develop your talents on the job.
A good candidate for the job should also have the following:
- Experience with project management within the construction industry
- Great time management skills and the ability to see projects through from start to finish. You possess a great attention to detail and are meticulous with your work
- Experience with navigating many different internal and external stakeholders. It will be an advantage if you are experienced with managing subcontractors
- Good IT overall capabilities - new technology excites you and you learn quickly
- High level of proficiency in Danish and English - both written and spoken
Our new colleague should also:
- Be positive, outgoing and radiate good energy. You are a great communicator, both professionally and when working with your colleagues.
- Be a self-starter. We will give you a lot of responsibility and room to grow, so we expect you to pick up on things independently and with confidence
- Take your responsibility seriously and be able to keep your head cool during busy periods. At times of heightened pressure, it is essential to us that everyone in our team keeps their focus sharp and their energy positive
If only some of the abovementioned applies to you, but you still think you would be a great fit for us, then please do not hesitate to send us an application. Tell us why you are the right person for this role and show us your drive.
So, what about the perks?
Well, aside from a nice lunch buffet, health insurance and an IT scheme, you will experience a workplace with laughter and social gatherings – we currently have a summer party coming up, which is usually hugely successful and great fun.
Additionally, you will have a varied job with a lot of responsibility and plenty of room for personal development. You will experience the satisfaction and pride of working for something as important as the green transition, while having fun with your work.
How we recruit
We know that our people make the difference. Having the right skillset is only part of the picture - we look for a cultural fit, too. This means that we are very thorough when we look for the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to make a difference, send us your CV and application through the link below.
We plan to conduct interviews in week 32 and have our new colleague join Better Energy from October 1st. However, since finding the right candidate means so much to us, recruitment will be an ongoing process. We will be reviewing applicants continuously and close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Senior Construction Manager, Allan Hønholt Jensen at email@example.com or by phone at + 45 81 40 91 41.