Director of Asset Management
When joining Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You share our drive and commitment, and you are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds. Like us, you are passionate about your work, and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues.
Better Energy is looking for a Director of Asset Management to join our team in Copenhagen, supporting our expanding portfolio of green assets.
You will join the Operations Department and will work directly with our Chief Operating Officer to evolve our Asset Management team, developing strategy for growing our team, ensuring optimal asset performance and the highest levels of compliance to commercial management, HSE and Future-Fit practices. Here you will fill an essential role managing a team of technical and commercial specialists who conduct our Operations & Maintenance activity on site and manage our commercial obligations during the operations phase.
Like your colleagues, you are a great team player, comfortable with precision work and have great analytical and independent problem-solving skills. You are professionally strong, organised and take pride in using your skills to establish positive and productive relations with your colleagues and partners. We have a dynamic work culture with short decision-making processes, giving you the opportunity to influence and develop your own tasks and responsibilities.
What will you do?
The Director of Asset Management will have a hands-on role in defining the future structure and strategy of our Asset Management team, maturing our processes and methods in order to accommodate our rapidly growing operational portfolio. In the position you will be responsible for driving recruitment to expand the team, enabling the continuous transition of projects from the construction phase to the operational phase.
You will create and deliver performance reports to the Management Team, detailing technical and commercial performance and recommendations for future improvement. You will coordinate with team members across our key markets in Northern Europe to ensure a standardized and consistent approach to asset management. Being the final step in our integrated value chain, you will coordinate with our other departments on a regular basis, working to increase effectiveness of communication during the operations phase.
You can help us make an impact by:
- Managing and developing Operations & Maintenance and Commercial Management teams.
- Ensuring the highest level of HSE practice across our portfolio of green assets.
- Ensuring continuous monitoring of asset performance to achieve optimal availability, coordinating with internal and external colleagues and partners.
- Developing operational strategy to improve spare parts management, scheduling, cost management and reporting.
- Developing internal operating policies and processes to mature the asset management organization.
- Developing new tools and systems to increase efficiency of operations and ensure emergency preparedness in line with national guidelines.
We expect you to have experience within solar energy development, construction or operation. You should also have the following:
- Experience of leading a team of professional, competent and driven individuals and a demonstrable track record of managing an effective team
- An ability to persistently see processes and projects through and deliver your work in an accountable manner
- An ability to define strategy and set direction by optimizing across a broad range of parameters.
- A degree in an engineering, business management or other relevant subject.
How to become a part of Better Energy
We know that it is our people who make the difference. Having the right skills is only part of the picture. We look for cultural fit, too. This means that we are very thorough when we try to find the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to truly make a difference, send us your CV and your application through the link below.
Since finding the right candidate means so much to us, the recruitment is an ongoing process. Please apply for the position no later than the 15th of January. We will, however, be reviewing the applications continuously and close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Chief Operation Officer, Kevin Wilkinson by phone at +45 31 67 45 32.