We are looking for a dedicated technical designer / technical assistant to join the Grid, Power and Commissioning department at Better Energy’s Sønderborg office. You will provide support across our entire department, but particularly be focused on assisting our engineering sector. It is a great opportunity to join a department that has an active role in the realisation of our large-scale solar parks, which are the foundation for our business that truly works every day to make an impact that matters.
You will join the Grid, Power and Commissioning team and report to Vice President, Nicolai Faaborg Andresen, whilst your daily coordinator and mentor will be Director of Power Engineering, Jørgen Heine Rasmussen. The department is currently made up of ten dedicated employees who are a part of the larger Technology sector in Better Energy, which also includes Research & Development, Engineering, Design & Construction, and Procurement, Logistics & Product Quality.
The department plays an important role in the realisation of Better Energy’s large scale solar projects. We all share the responsibility of ensuring smooth instalment and connection of our MV/HV projects and managing stakeholders across different countries, to uphold our high standards of operation.
We pride ourselves in our work and in making an impact that matters, but our team also loves to laugh together, and we make the best of any situation. We celebrate victories and do not dwell on tough times.
As our Engineering Assistant, you will be responsible for updating all our technical documentation and ensuring an overall great data structure in the Grid department. Your responsibility will involve collecting documentation related to the delivery of our projects and maintaining a structured overview of all our department’s documentation and data flow.
To that extent a lot of your tasks will revolve around documentation of different kinds and you will take the lead in all collection, planning and structuring within that area. Your focus will mainly be on the engineering area of our department, but we do expect you to also support the rest of the grid team.
Some of your tasks will include:
- Handling end documentation, and as built documentation
- Being an unofficial DocuNote “officer” - our documentation platform. You will ensure a great organisation on the platform across the entire Grid department
- Updating schedules and general project planning, in collaboration with the team
- Assisting with technical purchases
- Managing quality assurance documents
- work process descriptions
- Assisting with data collection in relation to technical tenders and specification
To be successful in this position, you must be a structured person who is great at working independently and taking initiative.
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience as a technical assistant, with a focus on electric works and the documentation thereof
- Project assistant experience, or something similar in terms of work tasks and responsibilities
- Experience from an industry consultant house, focusing on quality assurance and electric technical documentation
- Possibly experience with AutoCAD and/or PC Schematic
Our new colleague should also:
- Be a self-starter. We will give you a lot of responsibility and room to grow, so we expect you to pick up on things independently and with confidence
- Have an excellent sense of structure. We need your structure to ensure streamlined data handling and documentation flow
- Be service minded. You are ideally someone who naturally keeps a high level of service, as you go about your daily tasks
If only some of the abovementioned applies to you, but you still think you would be a great fit for us, then please do not hesitate to send us an application. Tell us why you are the right person for this role and show us your drive.
So, what about the perks?
Well, aside from a nice lunch buffet, health insurance and an IT scheme, you will experience a workplace with laughter and social gatherings – we currently have a summer party coming up, which is usually hugely successful and great fun.
Additionally, you will have a varied job with a lot of responsibility and plenty of room for personal development. You will experience the satisfaction and pride of working for something as important as the green transition, while having fun with your work.
How we recruit
We know that our people make the difference. Having the right skillset is only part of the picture - we look for a cultural fit, too. This means that we are very thorough when we look for the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to make a difference, send us your CV and application.
We plan to conduct interviews in week 32 and have our new colleague join Better Energy from October 1st. However, since finding the right candidate means so much to us, recruitment will be an ongoing process. We will be reviewing applicants continuously and close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Director of Power Engineering, Jøren Heine Rasmussen at email@example.com or by phone at +45 71 96 89 99.