Grid Installation Manager
We are looking for a responsible, independent and driven Grid Installation Manager to join the Better Energy team in Sønderborg. As part of our Grid, Power & Commissioning team, you will be responsible for coordination with our suppliers, as well as supervision of our construction sites in Sweden and Denmark. We have recently grid connected Northern Europe's largest solar park outside of Holstebro and our pipeline is packed with more exciting projects. It is a busy and exciting time to join a company that works every day to make an impact that matters.
You will join a strong Grid, Power & Commissioning team and report to Vice President, Nicolai Faaborg Andresen. The team is currently made up of nine dedicated employees and it is part of the larger Engineering, Procurement & Construction department in Better Energy.
The department handles the entire value chain of realising our solar parks, as we do everything from design to construction and grid connection. Our specific team shares the responsibility of developing large-scale projects in Sweden, Poland, and Denmark.
There is a strong professional foundation that runs through all of Better Energy – we have the best people in the business and we truly want to make a difference. In addition to that, we are a team that likes to laugh together, whether we are in the office or spending long days on the road together.
As our Grid Installation Manager, you will mainly be responsible for coordination with our suppliers and the supervision of our construction sites in Sweden and Denmark. Like the rest of the team, you thrive with responsibility, are comfortable with precision work and have a good sense of what is urgent.
A lot of your daily tasks will revolve around supervising our sites and making sure everything runs according to plan. We have a dynamic work culture with short decision-making processes, so you will have the opportunity to influence and develop your own tasks and responsibilities over time.
Your specific tasks will fall into two main categories:
- Quality control of the entire HV/MV electrical system
- Traces from Solarpark to point of connection to the public grid
- Station and POC works (point of connection) 7
- Installation of high voltage equipment
- High voltage components
Coordination with suppliers:
- Quality control and contract management
- Contact to utilities regarding rerouting of cables
- Entrepreneurial tasks, both internal and external
- Fiber connections
- Assembly tasks in the technical area
- Fences for high voltage areas
- Laying of cables in collaboration with surveyors
- Ensuring there are safety instructions and job descriptions for sub-contractors
Your main office will be in Sønderborg, but you will be traveling and handling these tasks within Denmark and Sweden.
When joining Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You share our drive and commitment, and you are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds. Like us, you are passionate about your work, and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues.
You are professionally strong and well organised. You take pride in supporting the team and using your skills for the good of the team. You want to establish positive and productive relations with your colleagues and external partners.
To be successful in this job, you should be able to meet deadlines and take responsibility for communication with the subcontractors of our projects to ensure the high quality we expect. The ideal candidate has solid experience with construction site management, managing electrical contracts, handling of subcontractors or just general electrical project management.
You also have the following:
- Educational background within the electrical field
- 2-5 years of experience from a similar position
- Knowledge of and experience in working with large-scale high voltage and electrical systems on site
- Knowledge of data and fiber installations
- In general, extensive experience with electrical project management
- Knowledge about electrical engineering work and understanding of construction phases
Since we have a lot of focus on people at Better Energy, we think you will match the team best if you see these qualities in yourself.
- Curious when it comes to details within your professional field
- Independent and proactive
- Known for your positive energy
- Professional and meticulous
- Able to work together with others towards a common goal
- Strong in both spoken and written English
The list is long! If only some of the abovementioned applies to you, but you still think you would be a great fit for us, then please do not hesitate to send us an application. Tell us why you are the right person for this role and show us your drive.
So, what about the perks?
Yes, you will have a good lunch scheme, private health insurance and an IT scheme. But you will also enjoy:
- A job with great variety and many different tasks within modern project management and design of PV solar plant systems
- An opportunity to join a growing business that is actually driving the green transition in Denmark and internationally
- A fun, interesting and varied job - ask anyone at Better Energy and they will say you have good opportunities for professional development as well
- Kind and talented colleagues who love to laugh together, especially at our social events
How we recruit
We know that our people make the difference. Having the right skillset is only part of the picture - we look for a cultural fit, too. This means that we are very thorough when we look for the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to truly make a difference, send us your CV and your application through the link below.
Since finding the right candidate means so much to us, our recruitment process is an ongoing process. We will close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, you are more than welcome to contact Vice President of Grid, Power & Commissioning Nicolai Faaborg Andresen at email@example.com or by phone +45 30 86 28 47.