HR Coordinator to support Better Energy's growth and make an impact that matters
Are you a driven and engaged HR profile with a strong business understanding? Do you want to join a highly purpose-driven company that is engineering the future of sustainable energy? Do you also have a proactive approach to your work and a passion for working with people? Then we want to invite you to join Better Energy as our new HR Coordinator.
The Better Energy team is growing in both our Sønderborg and Copenhagen offices, where a total of more than 120 dedicated employees work every day to make an impact that matters. Our People team is looking forward to particularly busy times ahead with plenty of recruitment, implementation of new tools, onboarding strategies, team development and much more on the pipeline. We are looking for a dedicated HR Coordinator to support the department in a variety of processes and tasks, with a strong focus on recruitment, culture and internal communication. You will become a pillar in our team and ensure we have a strong foundation of talent to support Better Energy’s future growth. This is a great opportunity to join a high-growth company with a unique business model and a workplace where you can truly make a difference.
So, how do we make a difference? Better Energy is an international renewable energy company. Our vision is to improve the lives of people and the environment with power that is clean, reliable, safe and sustainable. We develop, build, own and operate large-scale solar PV power plants in Denmark, Poland and Sweden. We are determined to drive change and help companies choose green energy in a way that adds new green energy to the energy supply. And we are driven to make the world a better place, one solar park at a time. It is hard work, a great responsibility and a highly rewarding journey.
We have an incredibly embracive company culture where we all share a strong sense of drive and commitment to the renewable energy revolution. We want you to become a part of our community and join us on our journey to a sustainable future.
What will a HR Coordinator do at Better Energy?
A business that has grown from 80 to 120 employees during 2021 needs a great People department to take care of the entire employee life cycle . We are looking for a talented and proactive person to take the reins on various processes within HR. You will continuously communicate across departments and stakeholders to keep your finger on the pulse of employee engagement and well-being . In close collaboration with your colleagues, you will effectively be a culture ambassador, with all that entails. You will ensure that our culture is evolving and thriving through continuous efforts within team development and internal communications.
Our business keeps growing, so you will likely see your tasks evolve over time, as we grow our People team with more dedicated talent. You are used to working in a proactive way and you are self-sufficient in your main areas of responsibility, whilst not being afraid to lean on your team for feedback and inspiration.
You will report to our People Manager as part of the People team, which currently consists of four dedicated employees who are responsible for the entire life cycle of all Better Energy employees. The People team is a part of the Sustainability, People & Communications department, which consists of seven people. We are a team that works in a highly value-based way in everything we do, which means there is a great atmosphere and room for creativity and ideas.
As the HR Coordinator in Better Energy, you will be supporting the team's work in building a multicultural work environment that supports a positive and meaningful employee experience. By providing your unique input, knowledge and expertise, you will become a big part of building our HR procedures and ensuring that we nurture the great culture we have already built in Better Energy.
A typical month for you could very well look like this:
- Leading recruitment processes, from defining needs to writing job posts and conducting interviews. You effortlessly guide hiring managers and support them in building the best team possible.
- Developing employer branding communication and initiatives to engage and attract the best talent
- Developing and supporting our onboarding processes. We are building a process in introdus and you could be the project lead on this platform.
- Assisting in writing, revising and implementing guidelines, processes, policies and procedures, in collaboration with high level executives
- Building, strengthening and promoting our company culture through internal messaging on our intranet, events or other initiatives. Cementing the strategy, goals, vision and values of Better Energy throughout the company
- Ensuring that employee-related records remain updated and provide data for reporting purposes
- Assisting with workplace assessment (APV), as well as annual reviews and surveys
- Monitoring and managing the HR inbox where we receive unsolicited applications, enquiries and more
- Taking an active role in the SPC department and supporting the overall efforts, where needed
To be successful in this role, you have previously gained experience within some of these areas:
- Human resources in a business environment. Experience from another large or high-growth company will be an advantage.
- Recruitment and employer branding
- Any experience with onboarding procedures is an advantage
- Using social media for HR related matters, including the production of basic photo and video content for recruitment or onboarding needs
Ideally, you also have these professional qualifications:
- Master’s degree in human resources, business, psychology, communication or other related fields
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a flexible manner to address changing needs
That was quite a lot – too much for one person, maybe? Well, we are looking to hire more than one person for the People team. Maybe you perfectly compliment something another candidate is lacking in experience, thus making up a dream team? So, please do not worry about fitting the description perfectly.
We imagine that you are a HR generalist who likes all areas of working with people in a business environment. Maybe you want to stay a generalist or maybe you want to find your area of expertise? Both will work great for us, as long as you are ready to hit the ground running and pick up a wide range of HR tasks in Better Energy.
Your personality matters.
You are known for your positive and infectious energy. People see you as a service-minded individual with a friendly and customer-focused approach. Your communication skills are amazing and you easily relate to people in that way which just cannot be taught. You enjoy working with people and take pride in using your skills for the good of the team. You are committed to creating a great experience for job candidates and new hires and with your resourcefulness you work great independently as well as in a team.
So, what about the perks?
Well, aside from a nice lunch buffet, health insurance and an IT scheme, you will experience a workplace with laughter and social gatherings – we currently have a summer party coming up, which is usually hugely successful and great fun. Additionally, you will have a varied job with a lot of responsibility and plenty of room for personal development, as well as a wonderful department who often comes together to solve tasks in collaboration. You will experience the satisfaction and pride of working for something as important as the green transition, while having fun with your work.
How we recruit
We know that our people make the difference. Having the right skillset is only part of the picture - we look for cultural fit, too. This means that we are very thorough when we look for the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to make a difference, then please send your CV and application via the link below.
Since finding the right candidate means so much to us, recruitment is an ongoing process. We will be reviewing the applicants continuously and we close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Medine Duvarci at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +45 28 80 81 83.