We are looking for a dedicated Junior purchaser to join the Procurement, Logistics & Product Quality team at Better Energy’s Sønderborg office. You will be ensuring the daily expedition of purchase orders, along with the subsequent follow up. It is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth company that works every day to make an impact that matters.
You will join three dedicated employees in the Procurement, Logistics and Product Quality team and report to Vice President, Michael Rabeck Lassen. This team is a part of the larger Engineering, Procurement & Construction Management department under the Technology sector in Better Energy. The other teams include Research & Development, Engineering, Design & Construction, and Grid Power & Commissioning. Together, we all deliver crucial work in establishing Better Energy’s parks across Denmark, Poland and Sweden.
The Procurement, Logistics & Product Quality team plays an important part in the realisation of Better Energy’s large scale solar projects. We ensure high quality in all areas of our supply chain and handle the logistics of our construction pipeline.
We pride ourselves in our work and in making an impact that matters, but our team also loves to laugh together and we make the best of any situation. We celebrate victories and do not dwell on tough times.
As our Junior Purchaser you will be supporting our Procurement Manager and Logistics Manager in their daily operations, and secure timely attention to purchase orders, as well as a smooth supply chain.
To that extent, a lot of your tasks will revolve around our purchasing orders and we expect you to take responsibility for timely deliveries across the purchasing activities for Procurement, Logistic and Product Quality. We have 6GW of solar parks in our pipeline, so a smooth supply chain is essential for us and your work will support our detailed daily operations, so that we stay on target.
Some of your daily tasks will include:
- Formalise and send out purchase orders
- Receive, approve and file order confirmations
- Inbound project site follow up, together with project managers
- Follow up on various documents and flows
- Process and deliver logistics information for project meetings
- Book transportation in collaboration with logistics managers
- Develop a supplier base for C components, including sourcing, benchmark, evaluation and closing of contracts
- Support VP with various tasks
When joining Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You share our drive and commitment, and you are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds. Like us, you are passionate about your work and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues.
To be successful in this position, you must be able to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment. You effectively manage communication with several internal and external stakeholders. Keeping a great project flow is also second nature to you in all areas of your daily work tasks.
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
- A couple of years in a similar position
- Experience with cross departmental work
- An open mindset and a willingness to “rock the boat” a little bit
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken Danish and English (mandatory)
Our new colleague must also:
- Be a dedicated person who is self-driven and thrives with responsibility
- Have the ability to help and support across several departments
- Be willing to learn all about our Procurement and Supply Chain Management
If only a few of the above mentioned apply to you, but you still think you are a great fit for this role, then please do not hesitate to apply anyways. Tell us why you are the right candidate for us and show us your drive.
What will you enjoy?
When joining Better Energy, you become part of a business that is driving the green energy transition in Denmark as well as internationally.
With your employment, you will enjoy a good lunch scheme, a private health insurance and an IT scheme. You will also enjoy the following:
- A job with a lot of responsibility and room for personal growth
- A fun, interesting and varied job – ask anyone at Better Energy and they will say you have excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- Kind and talented colleagues who love to laugh together, especially at our social events like Easter Bingo or the annual Summer Party.
How we recruit
We know that our people make the difference. Having the right skillset is only part of the picture - we look for a cultural fit, too. This means that we are very thorough when we look for the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to make a difference, send us your CV and application through the link below.
Please apply for the position no later than the 4th of June 2021. We will, however, be reviewing the applications continuously and close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact our Vice President, Procurement, Logistics & Product Quality, Michael Rabeck Lassen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +45 23 33 89 33. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact our People Coordinator, Lea Dissing at email@example.com or by phone +45 20 71 78 38.