Overseas Procurement Manager
We are looking for a dedicated Procurement Manager to join our Procurement, Logistics & Product Quality team at Better Energy’s Sønderborg office. You will be ensuring strategic focus on overseas procurement of strategic key components, from China and Asia in particular. It is an exciting opportunity to take on a managerial role in a high-growth company that works every day to make an impact that matters.
You will join three dedicated employees in the Procurement, Logistics and Product Quality team and report to Vice President, Michael Rabeck Lassen. This team is a part of the larger Engineering, Procurement & Construction Management department under the Technology sector in Better Energy. The other teams include Research & Development, Engineering, Design & Construction, and Grid Power & Commissioning. Together, we all deliver crucial work in establishing our solar parks across Denmark, Poland and Sweden.
The Procurement, Logistics & Product Quality team plays an important part in the realisation of Better Energy’s large scale solar projects. We ensure high quality in all areas of our supply chain and handle the logistics of our construction pipeline.
We pride ourselves in our work and in making an impact that matters, but our team also loves to laugh together and we make the best of any situation. We celebrate victories and do not dwell on tough times.
You will be responsible for establishing a basic supplier base and securing a robust supply chain from China and Asia. To that extent, a lot of your tasks will evolve around taking care of the procurement of key components, to support timely deliveries within the work of Procurement, Logistics & Product Quality. We have 6GW of solar parks in our pipeline, so there will be a lot of important work to be done in terms of securing solid supplier relationships and great procurement standards.
We expect you to utilise your in-depth business knowledge of China and Asia, so our supply chain can keep up with the growth of our solar parks.
Some of your daily tasks will also include:
- Taking care of the procurement of key components, based on the Kraljic model
- Ensuring TCO in all procurement and projects
- Establishing a robust supply chain in cooperation with the logistics department
- Supporting project and grid management with 'make or buy' analysis
- Establishing systems for “should cost” management
- Implementing ESG systems and focus on sustainability, in cooperation with Quality department
- Establishing processes for continuous improvement
- Conducting market outlook for China-based components
- Establishing sourcing activities for China-based procurement
When joining Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You share our drive and commitment, and you are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds. Like us, you are passionate about your work and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues.
To be successful in this position, you must be able to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment. You have a proven track record of procurement management and you are excited by the prospect of establishing great overseas procurement standards in a high-growth company.
The ideal candidate also has:
- Experience as a Procurement Manager, Materials Manager, Strategic Sourcing Manager or something similar
- Minimum 10 years of experience with the above mentioned or a similar function
- Experience with overseas procurement - solid experience with procurement in China is an advantage
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken Danish and English is a must in order to communicate with all of our suppliers - Mandarin speaking candidates will be in a favourable position
Our new colleague must also:
- Be a dedicated person who is self-driven and thrives with responsibility
- Have a great strategic procurement mindset
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Be open-minded in regard to working with different suppliers and stakeholders
If only a few of the above mentioned apply to you, but you still think you are a great fit for this role, then please do not hesitate to apply anyways. Tell us why you are the right candidate for us and show us your drive.
What will you enjoy?
When joining Better Energy, you become part of a business that is driving the green energy transition in Denmark as well as internationally.
With your employment, you will enjoy a good lunch scheme, a private health insurance and an IT scheme. You will also enjoy the following:
- A job with a lot of responsibility and room for personal growth
- A fun, interesting and varied job – ask anyone at Better Energy and they will say you have excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- Kind and talented colleagues who love to laugh together, especially at our social events like Easter Bingo or the annual Summer Party
How we recruit
We know that our people make the difference. Having the right skillset is only part of the picture - we look for a cultural fit, too. This means that we are very thorough when we look for the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to make a difference, send us your CV and application through the link below.
Please apply for the position no later than the 4th of June 2021. We will, however, be reviewing the applications continuously and close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact our Vice President, Procurement, Logistics & Product Quality, Michael Rabeck Lassen at email@example.com or by phone +45 23 33 89 33. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact our People Coordinator, Lea Dissing at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +45 20 71 78 38.