Project Coordinator for our Construction team
We are looking for a dynamic, responsible and engaged Project Coordinator, to coordinate the logistics that go into the construction of our large-scale solar parks. As part of the Construction team at Better Energy’s Sønderborg office, you will assist our team in a wide variety of tasks, all related to the realisation of our solar parks. With more than 6GW of solar parks to be constructed, our team has plenty of work to do and we are looking for a dedicated candidate to join us in the daily work to make an impact that matters.
You will join the Construction team and report to Senior Construction Manager, Allan Hønholt Jensen. The team is currently made up of 5 dedicated employees and we are a part of the larger Engineering, Design and Construction department at Better Energy.
We share the responsibility of constructing our solar parks and our unit handles everything from the engineering aspects to the practicalities and planning aspects of constructing the parks. Better Energy’s large-scale solar parks become a reality in our department, so we take great pride and care in our work.
A strong professional foundation flows through the entire company and we all work every day to make an impact that matters, but our team also loves to laugh together and make the best of tough times. We celebrate our victories and each other, but do not dwell on tough times.
As our Project Coordinator you will be responsible for coordinating with various internal and external stakeholders. Keeping up with purchasing, logistics and planning will all be part of your responsibility. It is important that you are a team player, because you will touch base with many different departments and members of your team.
Some of your daily tasks will include:
- Coordinating, updating and publishing schedules in collaboration with our project managers
- Coordinating delivery plans, stock lists and delivery notes with our Purchase and Logistics team
- Along with the rest of the team, coordinating finalisation of construction drawings, as-built documentation, etc.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports on our various projects, in collaboration with our project managers
- Following up on daily reports from our subcontractors
- Various ad hoc tasks within our department
When joining Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You share our drive and commitment, and you are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds. Like us, you are passionate about your work and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues.
To be successful in this position, you are good at coordinating large projects and your attention to detail is second to none. You are able to work independently, proactively and with structure. You are known to take initiative and you see your tasks through to the finish. Furthermore, you want to learn new things and develop your skills.
The ideal candidate has a background within the construction industry and is used to handling large-scale coordination projects with utmost professionalism.
A good candidate should have the following:
- Experience as a project coordinator and/or as an assistant to large-scale project management
- Experience with using MS Projects
- High level of proficiency in Danish and English - both written and spoken
- Great collaboration skills and the ability to communicate clearly and directly to any stakeholder/team member
- Good IT overall capabilities - new technology excites you and you learn quickly
Our new colleague should also:
- Be positive, outgoing and radiate good energy. You are someone who people like to be around and you like to join in on a good laugh - as does your team
- Be a self-starter. We will give you a lot of responsibility and room to grow, so we expect you to pick up on things independently and with confidence
- Take your responsibility seriously and be able to keep your head cool during busy periods. At times of heightened pressure, it is essential to us that everyone in our team keeps their focus sharp and their energy positive
If only some of the abovementioned applies to you, but you still think you would be a great fit for us, then please do not hesitate to send us an application. Tell us why you are the right person for this role and show us your drive.
So, what about the perks?
Well, aside from a nice lunch buffet, health insurance and an IT scheme, you will experience a workplace with laughter and social gatherings – we currently have a summer party coming up, which is usually hugely successful and great fun.
Additionally, you will have a varied job with a lot of responsibility and plenty of room for personal development. You will experience the satisfaction and pride of working for something as important as the green transition, while having fun with your work.
How we recruit
We know that our people make the difference. Having the right skillset is only part of the picture - we look for a cultural fit, too. This means that we are very thorough when we look for the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to make a difference, send us your CV and application through the link below.
We plan to conduct interviews in week 32 and have our new colleague join Better Energy from October 1st. However, since finding the right candidate means so much to us, recruitment will be an ongoing process. We will be reviewing applicants continuously and close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Senior Construction Manager, Allan Hønholt Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at + 45 81 40 91 41.