Quality Manager for large scale solar projects
We are looking for a dedicated Quality Manager to join our Procurement, Logistics & Product Quality team at Better Energy’s Sønderborg or Copenhagen office. You will be ensuring quality control and assurance for components and services within our Engineering, Procurement and Construction business. It is an exciting opportunity to take on a managerial role in a high-growth company that works every day to make an impact that matters.
You will join three dedicated employees in the Procurement, Logistics and Product Quality team and report to Vice President, Michael Rabeck Lassen. This team is a part of the larger Engineering, Procurement & Construction Management department under the Technology sector in Better Energy. The other teams include Research & Development, Engineering, Design & Construction, and Grid Power & Commissioning. Together, we all deliver crucial work in establishing our solar parks across Denmark, Poland and Sweden.
The Procurement, Logistics & Product Quality team plays an important part in the realisation of Better Energy’s large scale solar projects. We ensure high quality in all areas of our supply chain and handle the logistics of our construction pipeline.
We pride ourselves in our work and in making an impact that matters, but our team also loves to laugh together and we make the best of any situation. We celebrate victories and do not dwell on tough times.
As our Quality Manager, you will be responsible for the quality control of our EPC business. Your responsibility will involve managing the overall scope of quality in our supply chain, from various suppliers who deliver components for our sites.
To that extent, a lot of your tasks will evolve around our suppliers and we expect you to actively develop great practices for ensuring high quality across all activities within Procurement, Logistic and Product Quality. We have 6GW of solar parks in our pipeline, so we need you to handle a lot of dialogue to ensure quality and warranty in the supplier documentation. Essentially, you will be responsible for improving our supplier performance and facilitate improvement projects that are essential for our EPC business.
Some of your daily tasks will include:
- Ensuring quality in all steps of our supply chain
- Developing supplier sustainability and handle supplier evaluation, audit and approval
- Facilitating cross quality teams with construction and grid departments
- Developing our business according to our ESG strategy
- Supporting the validation of BOM
- Developing supplier sustainability and conduct claim system
- Participating in development of tender material
- Facilitating potential future ISO certification
- Participating in FAT & SAT tests, as well as risk assessment
- Establishing quality activities
- Cooperating and aligning with third party quality inspection
When joining Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You share our drive and commitment, and you are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds. Like us, you are passionate about your work and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues.
To be successful in this position, you must be able to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment. You effectively manage communication with several internal and external stakeholders, and quality management is second nature to you in all areas of your daily work tasks.
The ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in a role as Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Control manager or something similar - minimum 5 years
- Experience with quality and/or supply chain management
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken Danish and English is a must in order to communicate with all of our suppliers
Our new colleague must also:
- Be a dedicated person who is self-driven and thrives with responsibility
- Have a great attention to detail - it actually needs to be second to none
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to build up a quality function
- Be open-minded in regard to working with different suppliers and stakeholders
If only a few of the above mentioned apply to you, but you still think you are a great fit for this role, then please do not hesitate to apply anyways. Tell us why you are the right candidate for us and show us your drive.
What will you enjoy?
When joining Better Energy, you become part of a business that is driving the green energy transition in Denmark as well as internationally.
With your employment, you will enjoy a good lunch scheme, a private health insurance and an IT scheme. You will also enjoy the following:
- A job with a lot of responsibility and room for personal growth
- A fun, interesting and varied job – ask anyone at Better Energy and they will say you have excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- Kind and talented colleagues who love to laugh together, especially at our social events like Easter Bingo or the annual Summer Party
How we recruit
We know that our people make the difference. Having the right skillset is only part of the picture - we look for a cultural fit, too. This means that we are very thorough when we look for the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to make a difference, send us your CV and application through the link below.
Please apply for the position no later than the 4th of June 2021. We will, however, be reviewing the applications continuously and close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact our Vice President, Procurement, Logistics & Product Quality, Michael Rabeck Lassen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +45 23 33 89 33. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact our People Coordinator, Lea Dissing at email@example.com or by phone +45 20 71 78 38.