Installation and Contract Manager
We are looking for a skilled Installation and Contract Manager to join the Grid, Power and Commissioning team at our Copenhagen or Sønderborg Office. You will be ensuring quality in deliveries and grid works for our Polish projects, as well as managing internal and external stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity to take on a senior management role in a high-growth company that works to make an impact that matters.
When joining Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You share our drive and commitment, and you are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds. Like us, you are passionate about your work and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues.
You will join the Grid, Power and Commissioning team and report to Vice President, Nicolai Faaborg Andresen. The department is currently made up of 7 dedicated employees who are a part of the larger Technology department within Better Energy, which includes Research & Development, Engineering, Design & Construction, and Procurement, Logistics & Product Quality.
The Grid, Power & Commissioning team plays an important part in the realisation of Better Energy’s large scale solar projects. We all share the responsibility of ensuring smooth instalment and connection of our MV/HV projects and managing stakeholders across different countries, to uphold our high standards of operation.
We pride ourselves in our work and in making an impact that matters, but our team also loves to laugh together, and we make the best of any situation. We celebrate victories and do not dwell on tough times.
As our Installation and Contract Manager, you will fill an essential role in our organisation, where you will play a big part in the realisation of our solar parks in Poland - a market with great potential for us. To that extent, you will develop a thorough understanding of Polish grid code and ensure knowledge transfer across our project stakeholders.
Essentially, a lot of your tasks will include building a great understanding and repour with the Polish market, so that our future projects in Poland will run smoothly. You will manage technical and commercial dialogue with Polish suppliers and service providers (HV equipment and service), and ensure grid support to PMO and local partners, from design and tender phase through to final grid connection.
Some of your daily tasks will include:
- Design Review and Quality Assurance of dimensioning of the equipment required for the MV/HV
- Identifying qualified subcontractors for the MV/HV scope of our Polish projects
- Defining interfaces and scope of deliveries from Subcontractors (Tendering)
- Approving engineering designs and preparing tenders/RFQs in coordination with our Procurement team
- Evaluating tenders/quotations from all qualified subcontractors
- Preparing and negotiating contracts
- Having negotiation and clarification meetings with suppliers
- Being responsible for FATs and SATs of MV/HV components for Polish projects
- Being technical lead of procurement processes and participate in the commercial discussion, along with project management organization and procurement team
- Site supervision and commissioning organisation, with our construction team
- Quality assurance and project management of HV scope during project implementation
- Coordinating and following up on project progress and finances, with project the management organisation
- Managing communication with grid operators in collaboration with local partner
- Securing our HSE/ESG guidelines are compiled during the grid works
To be successful in this position, you should be able to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment and effectively manage communication with internal and external collaborators. The ideal candidate has previously worked with project management in a large company, where they have worked on large projects involving multiple stakeholders. You should also have the following:
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience with similar MV/HV projects
- International project experience with core focus on project management
- BA in technology management, Electrical/Power/Marine Engineering, or similar
- Experience working on projects with High Voltage and Medium Voltage connections
- High level of proficiency in written and spoken Danish and English is a must, a good level of Polish will also be an advantage
Our new colleague must also:
- Be a self-starter who is driven and thrives with responsibility
- Have great attention to detail and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Be well-organised and process-oriented
- Be open-minded in regards to different work cultures and local behaviour
- Possess the ability to collaborate with co-workers to reach a common goal
- Be prepared to travel to Poland once a month - expect approximately 50 travel days per year
If only a few of the above mentioned apply to you, but you still think you are a great fit for this role, then please do not hesitate to apply anyways. Tell us why you are the right candidate for us and show us your drive.
What will you enjoy?
When joining Better Energy, you become part of a business that is driving the green energy transition in Denmark as well as internationally.
With your employment, you will enjoy a good lunch scheme, a private health insurance and an IT scheme. But you will also enjoy the following:
- A job with a lot of responsibility and room for personal growth
- An opportunity to join a growing business that is driving the green transition in Denmark as well as internationally
- A fun, interesting and varied job – ask anyone at Better Energy and they will say you have excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- Kind and talented colleagues who love to laugh together, especially at our social events like Easter Bingo or the annual Summer Party.
How we recruit
We know that our people make the difference. Having the right skillset is only part of the picture - we look for a cultural fit, too. This means that we are very thorough when we look for the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to make a difference, send us your CV and application through the link below.
Since finding the right candidate means so much to us, recruitment is an ongoing process. Please apply for the position no later than April 19th 2021. We will, however, be reviewing the applicants continuously and we close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact our Vice Presidennt, Grid, Power & Commissioning, Nicolai Faaborg Andresen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +45 30 86 28 47. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact our People Coordinator, Lea Dissing at email@example.com or by phone +45 20 71 78 38.