Better Energy - Drivers of a renewable energy revolution
Better Energy is seeking a skilled Project Coordinator who will support our Business Development team in the first phases of solar PV projects. The team screens possible locations for future solar PV plants and engages in building relations to important stakeholders such as landowners, local authorities etc. Our new Project Coordinator will be a key liaison and effectively manage communication and coordination with internal stakeholders (particularly our Business Development, Legal, and Project Finance teams) and the many external stakeholders. Joining Better Energy means contributing to driving the green transition at a workplace where you can truly make a difference.
Better Energy is a high-growth, international renewable energy company that creates new green energy. We design, develop, engineer, finance, build, operate and own large-scale solar PV power plants in Denmark and abroad. The green transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources can only be achieved by adding new renewable energy to our energy supply. At Better Energy, we are determined to drive change and help companies, cities and countries choose green energy in a way that brings new renewables online and adds new green energy to the energy supply. Better Energy is a leading integrated solar energy provider that has established eighty renewable energy power plants since the company started in 2012.
The bigger picture
We look for individuals who share our drive and commitment. As a candidate you must be ready to make an impact that matters. You want to be part of a company with a broad professional foundation and collaboration across departments, backgrounds and responsibilities. Like us, you are passionate about renewable energy and the green transition. We put action behind our words, and we seek a candidate who is ambitious and motivated to work with highly skilled and dedicated colleagues.
You will be a part of the Business Development team and will support the processes and tasks involved in screening, opportunity management and stakeholder management. The Business Development team engages and builds relationships with many different external stakeholders during the initial phases of project development. These stakeholders include landowners, local government, local planning and permitting authorities, policymakers, utilities, local community residents and project neighbours.
In this role, you will process a great amount of data and information to and from these external stakeholders. In particular, you will be a liaison between our external stakeholders and our legal team. Your focus will be on the interaction and interfaces of deliveries to and from our project finance, legal and development teams. Key to success in this role will be your ability to professionally and confidently engage with internal and external stakeholders, prioritise and manage workflows and work tasks, provide structure and organisation, anticipate the needs of others and facilitate smooth cooperation and flow of information between internal departments.
You are dedicated, driven towards results and business-savvy. You are a self-starter and a quick learner, and you are comfortable working in a dynamic work environment. You are positive in your attitude and you are persistent and assertive in your pursuit of goals. You are a determined problem-solver who is self-motivated and independent, a confident communicator and highly organised, with the ability to manage multiple projects and to prioritise competing demands. You are a collaborative, hard-working individual who is committed to delivering quality work. You get things done. You work efficiently to solve issues alone, but you are able to work together with others towards a common goal.
Key job skills
- Communication: You are a confident communicator and can engage with all levels of the organisation and multiple stakeholder groups. You are professional and tactful.
- Overview: You must be able to balance multiple projects and stay on top of the details for each project. You are able to think broadly and understand interdependencies in work processes and workflows, and you understand how you fit into these processes.
- Foresight: You have the ability to see ahead and think ahead, anticipate future situations and efficiently prioritise.
- Follow through: You have a strong work ethic and manage tasks both big and small from start to finish. You keep going until the job is done.
- Project management: You are able to multitask and handle multiple priorities and multiple timelines, while assisting internal teams in the successful delivery of all projects.
- Attention to detail: You are structured, detail-oriented and accurate, but you can also see the big picture and understand what matters most.
- Organisation: You know how to provide structure and organise for efficiency to keep the team on track.
- Problem solving: You are able to react quickly in a changing environment, ask questions and determine the next steps. You are self-sufficient and thrive with responsibility.
- Flexibility: You can handle changing priorities and adapt.
- Support the Business Development team with all aspects of administrative activities
- Receive and record incoming data, information and documents from team members when they are out in the field
- Organise, coordinate and manage project data and documentation
- Ensure that all key project documentation is registered, accurate and up to date
- Track and manage status of action items and progress of tasks to make sure deadlines are met
- Follow up on action items as needed with internal teams and external stakeholders
- Assist in documenting and maintaining accurate records of initiatives with key stakeholders
- Coordinate and support communication with landowners and neighbours, community outreach and community meetings
- Coordinate scheduling and calendar management
- Identify ways to optimise internal processes for maximum efficiency and drive improvements
- Support project handover to the next phases of development
- Educational background in business communication, change management, business development, business administration or related field
- Previous experience performing administrative tasks in an office environment or a project team
- Outstanding communication and coordination skills
- Excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects, maintain focus and follow up on tasks independently
- Ability to see ahead and set priorities in a flexible manner to address changing needs
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional employee groups
- Flexible and ready to assist in stakeholder meetings that take place outside normal working hours
- Prior experience working on large projects involving multiple stakeholders will be an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications Word, PowerPoint and Excel, with the ability to learn new software and systems
- Proficient in English and Danish
Being a part of Better Energy means challenging the present and shaping the future, an opportunity to be part of a growing business that is a driver of the green transition in Denmark and internationally. We want to improve the lives of people and the environment with power that is clean, reliable, safe and sustainable. Our business is growing rapidly, and we invite you to join us.
We offer a fun, interesting and dynamic workplace with talented colleagues and great career opportunities for the right candidate. We invest in our employees and support them in their development. Employee perks and benefits include an attractive electronics package and the possibility for a gross salary scheme within the applicable rules, health insurance and lunch scheme.
If the above has caught your interest, please don’t hesitate to send your application and your résumé via Jobindex. We will be conducting interviews continuously and we will stop the recruitment process when the right candidate has been found. Start-up will be 1 September, with the possibility of starting earlier. The final deadline for applications is 14 August.
Please do not hesitate to contact Anders Nielsen by email email@example.com if you would like to know more about the position.