Better Energy - Drivers of a renewable energy revolution
Better Energy is an international renewable energy company that creates new green energy. The green transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources can only be achieved by adding new renewable energy to our energy supply. At Better Energy, we are determined to drive change and help companies, cities and countries choose green energy in a way that brings new renewables online and adds new green energy to the energy supply. We design, develop, engineer, finance, build, operate and own large-scale solar PV power plants in Denmark and abroad.
We are looking for a colleague to join our Grid, Power & Commissioning team in Sønderborg.
When joining Better Energy, you must be ready to drive change and make an impact that matters. You share our drive and commitment, and you are enthusiastic about joining a company with a broad professional foundation where we collaborate across departments and professional backgrounds. Like us, you are passionate about your work, and you share our vision of engineering a sustainable future. You are ambitious and motivated by working with other talented and dedicated colleagues.
Better Energy is seeking a Power Construction Manager with good interpersonal skills to ensure a professional supervision to our sites. You will be based in Sønderborg.
You will join a strong Grid, Power & Commissioning team in which you will share responsibility for the development of large projects. The team right now consists of six people making an impact that matters every day. In addition to having a professional strong foundation, the team likes to laugh together, also when on the road.
You will report to the Vice President, Grid, Power & Commissioning.
Your main responsibility will be coordination with suppliers and supervision of construction sites, mainly in Denmark, Sweden and Poland.
Your tasks will fall into two main categories
- Quality control of the entire electrical system
- Station and POC (point of connection)
- Installation of high voltage equipment
- High voltage components
Power transformers coordination with suppliers:
- Quality control and contract management
- Contact to utilities regarding rerouting of cables
- Load drilling tests
- Entrepreneurial tasks, both internal and external
- Fiber connection
- Assembly tasks in the technical area
- Fences for high voltage areas
- Laying of cables in collaboration with surveyors
- Ensuring there are safety instructions and job descriptions for sub-contractors
Your main office will be in Sønderborg, but you will be traveling and handling these tasks within Denmark, Poland and Sweden.
Like the rest of the team, you thrive with responsibility, are comfortable with precision work and have a good sense of what is urgent. You are professionally strong and well organised. You take pride in supporting the team and using your skills for the good of the team. You want to establish positive and productive relations with your colleagues and external partners. We have a dynamic work culture with short decision-making processes, so you will have the opportunity to influence and develop your own tasks and responsibilities.
To be successful in this job, you should be able to meet deadlines and take responsibility for communication with the subcontractors of our projects to ensure the high quality we expect.
The ideal candidate has solid experience with construction site management, managing electrical contracts, handling of subcontractors or just general electrical project management.
You also have the following
- Educational background within electrical engineering, marine engineering, or similar field
- 5-10 years of experience from a similar position
- Knowledge of and experience in working with large-scale high voltage and electrical systems on site
- Knowledge of data and fiber installations
- In general, extensive experience with electrical project management
- Knowledge about electrical engineering work and understanding of construction phases
Since we have a lot of focus on people at Better Energy, we think you will match the team best if you can say ‘yes’ that you are
- Curious when it comes to details within your professional field
- Independent and proactive
- Known for your positive energy
- Professional and meticulous
- Able to work together with others towards a common goal
- Strong in both spoken and written English
The list is long! If you can’t say yes to all of the above, but you still think you are a great match, apply - try to convince us.
What you will enjoy
Yes, you will have a good lunch scheme, private health insurance and an IT scheme. But you will also enjoy
- A job with great variety and many different tasks within modern project management and design of PV solar plant systems
- An opportunity to join a growing business that is actually driving the green transition in Denmark and internationally
- A fun, interesting and varied job - ask anyone at Better Energy and they will say you have good opportunities for professional development as well
- Kind and talented colleagues who love to laugh together, especially at our social events
How we recruit
We know that it is our people who make the difference. Having the right skills is only part of the picture. We look for cultural fit. This means that we are very thorough when we try to find the best match for both you and Better Energy. If you are interested in applying your skills and talents to truly make a difference, send us your CV and your application through the link below.
Since finding the right candidate means so much to us, our recruitment process is an ongoing process. We will close the application process when the right candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, you are more than welcome to contact Vice President, Grid, Power & Commissioning Nicolai Faaborg Andresen at email@example.com or by phone +45 30 86 28 47. If you have questions about the recruitment process, it will be great if you contact Lea Dissing at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +45 20 71 78 38.